Today we were able to visit the orphanage where Jenna and her friend Maylie were before Gotcha Day. It was a couple of hours away from where we are in Guangzhou, and so it was quite the road trip. We packed lunches and had plenty of cameras and got lots of pictures of where our little girl has been all of her life. We met her orphanage director and her loving nannies and her little classmates, all of whom were adorable.
Visiting her former home was also emotional for us. Seeing her nannies and friends telling her goodbye for the last time, seeing so many little children needing loving parents, and thinking of her history there put lumps in our throat and tears in our eyes. We thank the Lord that such a place exists for the care of these little ones and that they are not forgotten in His sight.
Tomorrow is a free day for the family, so we will probably do a little store-hopping and see what kind of treasures we can find. We have some more pics that we will post then so you can see more of what our day was like today.
Family picture at the gate of the orphanage

Kevin and Jenna in front of the nursery.

Kevin, Jenna, with the director Mr. O of the orphanage

Jenna with one of her nannies, note the nannies tears

Life in an orphanage

Jenna and Maylie with classmates

Jenna and Maylie with their classmates

Anyone want to adopt?

Isn't she sweet, anyone want to adopt her?

Jenna leading her classmates outside

The children checked out the girls new dresses and everything, they kept peaking at Jenna's dress.

Smiles

Last picture and goodbye to orphanage

Jenna and Maylie

Lunch time - fish and rice

Saying goodbye to classmates one last time
How precious are each of these little ones! I love Jenna leading everyone out on the playground! She's already the leader of the pack. Looking forward to meeting and playing with Jenna soon! Continuing to hold each of you before our Father.
ReplyDeleteLove,
Jen
I cannot look at these pictures without crying. SOOOOOO MANY precious children who do not have a mama and daddy to love them. I pray that someone who is following your journey will feel led to explore adoption for their family. It is such an incredible blessing; one that will change your life forever. Thank you Gretchen and Kevin for sharing with us. I can't imagine how emotional it was to see where Jenna spent her first 4 years. I will always be sad that we didn't get to see Anna's. Know we continue to pray for you all. Love, The Mansfields
ReplyDeleteOh mercy!!! Ryan and I want all of them!!!! :)There faces are sooo sweet! (SIGH...) Still praying for all of you!! :) Love, Tricia
ReplyDeleteWasn't that trip such a precious time. I'm am so thankful we were able to go together! It was a day I will never forget.
ReplyDeleteI love seeing your photos. You were able to capture some of the moments and children that we weren't able to get.
How I pray that many more will find their forever families.
Blessings,
Lydia