It has been warm and sunny here since arrived in Guangdong. No rain, which is unusual.
So have been blessed as we move around a lot.
We changed hotels yesterday to the White Swan and it never seemed to bother Jenna at all.
Today she adapted so well to the new room and changes in the hotel. This is good as we are a moving around family!!! The White Swan is a beautiful hotel and on the river. She enjoys looking out the window to watch the ships go by.
Putting Jenna to bed this week has been probably the hardest thing. Not knowing what she was used to etc. They said she went down at 8:30pm and up at 7 am. Well we put her to bed the 1st night and down she went with only a short sob. The next 2 nights got a little more difficult. So decided to just put her down, say good night and lights out. She went to sleep tonight, no problem!!!!! We saw her crib today in a room of about 20 other little beds. Each little one knows his/her bed and goes and stands by it to be put down.
She went a little limp when she saw her bed. I asked if they talked themselves to sleep.
And they said "no, go to sleep right away". They have been through so much.
So many memories.
We have so many pictures from today was hard to decide what to put up on the blog. The orphanage was very clean and neat. Flowers on tables, Everything in place. People in uniforms etc. The children were happy, clean, and healthy looking. Jenna and Maylie were mobbed when they came in their classroom. All the children were checking out the girls new shoes, dresses, panties, everything. All talking and shouting to each other nonstop. Wish I knew Chinese. But all so happy. The nannies and teachers even cried, and would take the girls and hug on them and play with them. The goodbyes were harder on us as we know what she is saying goodbye too. . . . Lots of tears. Thankful for the love and care she received the last 4 years. She has been prayed for many years. God is good.
I always wondered how much green grass and area she had to play on at the orphanage. It was very small. Big enough for a swing set and a piece of playground equipment. The whole area surrounded by an iron fence. Can you imagine the freedom of being out of this?
I can't wait to let her run up and down the beach and all around our yard. She does skip around and claps her hands and laughs when she is delighted!!! Which is pretty much all the time.
We were so blessed to be able to visit the orphanage as so many do not get this chance.
Just to see, smell, hear and feel what it was like for her the last 4 years of her life.
Jenna loves to eat. Oh my, did she eat today. I will be feeding her all day long with what she packs in. She had her 1st peanut butter and jelly sandwich Chinese style . . . did not taste exactly like ours from home. . . She loves her fruit and cookies and has been good about trying new things too. Have been working on a little sign language with her as her speech is limited and she is getting it. She definitely knows "MORE".
She loves her bath time and plays and plays. When we say it is time to go, she brings me my pocketbook and gets in her stroller or asks to be picked up. She loves to be held by both of us which is so wonderful.
She has learned to say "I love you" in Chinese, not sure that she knows what this means, but she just lights up when she says it or hears from us..
Well, we are off for some shopping tomorrow. Kevin said no need to go early to fight the crowds. . . I died laughing as "crowds" in China is a whole new concept!!!!!
Love to All.....
Thanks for the emails and blog notes!

Oh...I loved hearing all the things you have been doing. Wow! It IS amazing you were able to visit the orphanage. We asked to see one when we were there...but it took a while for them to agree, and I think they took us to a "nice" place. I'll be excited to hear how your shopping went too!!! I'm so happy that she is responding so well to you. It sounds amazing...and completely life changing...which I guess it is:-)
ReplyDeleteLove you!
Heidi
I can't even imagine...i just sit here on my couch with tears running down my face...what a precious gift from God that He has entrusted you with. can't wait to see you three!
ReplyDeletelove, lisa
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY GRETCHEN!!!!!!!!! :) Love,The Shorts
ReplyDelete