Monday, May 4, 2009

Gotcha Day!!

Gotcha Day finally came!! Today at about 3:00 pm all of the waiting was over!! Little Jenna strolled in and stole our hearts at once!! What a blessing she is from our Lord!!

She is small in stature but very big in real life. Very busy, friendly, with those big eyes seeing everything and wanting to press a lot of buttons on everything from the cameras to the computer. She also insists on pressing the buttons when we ride the elevator. She's also a lot like her mother - into everything and always on the phone!

Jenna KaiYu likes her new cell phone and her teddy bear and likes to play with her new ball. We think she knows a few words like "hello" and "Mama", Apparently she has no taste for tea with lemon though, but is fond of fruit and, as we found out rather quickly, goldfish. She waves and blows kisses (which thrilled the grandmothers) and likes to watch herself in the mirror.

We had our first dining experience out and found out she is more comfortable with fork and spoon than with chopsticks. Already fitting in!! If we can just work on the sweet tea thing she will be well on her way. An N.C. State football game and the transformation will be complete - a Southern belle with a Chinese heritage!!

We had a few tears tonight at bedtime, but she is now asleep. I believe she kept telling us she was ready for bed, as she wanted to put her toys and crayons away. She had a very long day coming from the orphanage with little Maylie (you will see her friend in the pictures). They both seemed to do so well this afternoon, talking to each other about their new mamas and babas and family. I got my first kiss tonight, shed some more tears, as has been a very big day of emotions. She is ours in every way. . .

Thank you all for your prayers, phone calls, and emails. It means so much to hear from home and know you are praying for us. We miss you all and can't wait for you to meet Jenna KaiYu. God has truly blessed us with a wonderful daughter.

We are sitting here in the dark as we were told she sleeps in her own bed in the dark!!!

Love to all,
Kevin, Gretchen, and Jenna KaiYu


Daddy and Jenna

Happy Family of 3!


Happy Gotcha Day!!

Jenna and Maylie (and mom Lydia), the girls came today from the same orphanage and were VERY excited about their new families!!
Mom and Jenna
She giggled when tickled
She is already a ball player!
Smiles!
Sweet Smile...

10 comments:

  1. OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!!!! She is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!! You ALL look sooo happpy!!! I have tears rolling down my face as I read your post and see these precious pictures!! I have been checking the blog all morning waiting for this!! I went to sleep praying for y'all and woke up so excited to see her! I am so glad she is in your arms and we will continue to pray for you and the adjustment for all of you! Congratulations mama and daddy!!! :) Love. Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been checking ALL the time! I'm so happy to see pictures of you together!
    God has really provided an amazing gift.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pics are so cute!! She is beautiful! I hope yall are asleep by now...although you're probably awake just listening to her breathe and looking at her! We can't wait to meet her in person. Call us again on skype if you get the chance in the next couple of days- we'd love to talk to her more! oh, and you too!! Welcome to parenthood! : ) Love yall!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. God is so good! Jenna is absolutely adorable!!! I fell asleep praying for you, and woke up in the early morning hours at the exact time you were meeting Jenna for the first time, and thus prayed more. I am thrilled to see as a family!!!!
    Much love & continued prayers,
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is beautiful! We can't wait to say hello in person. Smiles and tears--all in the same breath for all of you. much love, and Jake can't wait to give her a squeeze! Diana, Chris and Jake

    ReplyDelete
  6. What great pics of the family! We have been so excited for you guys and like all of the above checking throughout the day to get the update. How wonderful you guys are to share your thoughts and photos with us back here on this very first day. Smiles and praises all around!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhhhh!!!!! Tears are running down my face!!!! She is soooo cute!!!! and so blessed more than she even realizes yet...but she will!!!! Talked to one of the grandmother's this morning....oh...my....is she ever excited as well! Great basketball player!!!! Can't wait to play it with her!!!! Praying for the next couple of weeks! Give her a hug from me!!!! Love, Cherith

    ReplyDelete
  8. We are so wonderfully excited for your family!
    Blessings, Sean, Susan and the McBride clan

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am a friend of Jennifer MacFarquar's and I have been reading your blog and praying for you. I was crying with joy at the Lord bringing you a daughter. We just found out yesterday that we are adopting another little girl here in the states and we are going to pick her up on Wednesday. So, praise God with us for his provision and for the love He shows in building our families. I am so overjoyed for both of you. You can see pictures of our family at our blog at http://the-websters.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your Jenna is absolutely beautiful! Congratulations from one NC family of a Guangdong girl to another!

    ReplyDelete