Thursday, April 30, 2009

We're Here!

Our flights and everything have gone on without a hitch. A restful night's sleep, a Chinese breakfast, and we're off today to the Forbidden City, the center of one of the six rings of Beijing. Beijing is a city of 17 million and has 3.5 million autos, so traffic is quite hectic. There are tons of folks on bicycles, both 2 wheelers and 3 wheelers, and a lot of horns blowing to let you know that someone is coming through.


Yesterday we had our first experience eating with chopsticks. Some rice, some Hunan Chicken, celery and lily vegetables and COKE!!


Today we see Tian’anmen Square, some temples dating back to the Ming dynasty, and an acrobat show in the evening. China does not do Daylight Savings Time, so it gets light early here and gets dark a little earlier.


We realized that we are in the same time zone as our daughter now, having just to move a little further south in a few days to get her. The food that we have had are things she eats, so we will try to find as much of that for her so we can have while we are here. I think Chinese noodles are a favorite.


Will check in tomorrow again when we get to Guangzhou.

5 comments:

  1. YYYIIIPPPEEEEE!!!!! Y'all are really there..can you believe it?!? :)I have already been thinking about and praying for y'all so much. We are also praying for Jenna, that the Lord has already been preparing her heart to meet her mommy and daddy and that it is a very natural meeting for everyone!! Can't wait until she is in your arms!!! :) Please know that we are all thinking of y'all and so, so, so happy for you!!! Have fun!!! Oh yea,,,, I forgot to call you about the shoes for Mallory..(1). a pair of sandals in pink, size 20. (2)a pair of mary janes in pink, size 21. If you have enough money, (3) a pair of mary janes in red, size 21. Shelley couldn't remember exactly how much they were,, if you can get 3 pairs, great, if not, leave off the red mary janes. Please don't worry if you don't see them,,don't go on a wild goose chase trying to find them. Thank you for checking. I can't wait to see your next update! We are praying!!!!!!! :) Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am soooooo excited!! You are there. In 3 days you've got her! Enjoy your time in Beijing. I can't wait to see Jenna in your arms. WOO HOO!
    We are praying!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you had a smooth journey! I wish we were there with you already! We are there in our hearts! We're right behind you. We fly out Saturday and will arrive Sunday. And Monday we get our little girls!!!!!!

    Can't wait to meet your family of THREE!!!!

    Please keep our travel in prayer and we're praying for you too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. woohoo! we are so excited for yall!! its 2am your time so soon you will be waking up and you'll be one day closer to having little jenna in your arms! wow!! we are praying for you and jenna! jenna is such a lucky, i mean, BLESSED, little girl! you are going to be the best mommy and daddy! keep us posted! love, lisa for the gillespies

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't begin to express how happy I am for you both and for little Jenna! Her life will be truly blessed with you as parents. What a wonderful addition to our family. I am so pleased that you are finally getting to bring her home. Our prayers are with you all on this exciting journey! Much love and happiness to all three of you!
    All our love-
    Karen (Thompson) Bartlett and family

    ReplyDelete