LID: October, 2007 Referral: January 6, 2009 Chinese Name: Zhong Kai Yu Birth Date: December 9, 2004 Province: Guangdong Travel Dates: April 29 - May 15, 2009 Agency: All God's Children International
We are a family of two soon to be three! Kevin, Gretchen, and Jenna KaiYu. From time to time we will be making posts (mostly Kevin as he is the writer). God has graciously blessed us with a daughter by the gift of adoption. Please journey with us as we travel to China for our little Jenna who will join her forever family!
"O LORD, you are my God; I will exalt you and praise your name, for in perfect faithfulness you have done marvelous things, things planned long ago." Isaiah 25:1
China Time:
North Carolina Time:
"Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ. For He chose us in Him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in His sight. In love He predestined us to be adopted as His sons through Jesus Christ, in accordance with His pleasure and will."
I'm excited to be the first to comment on your blog....your journey to Jenna!! You are on your way and life will never be the same. I can't wait to follow along while you are in China. It is a miraculous thing when God places a child born on the other side of the world into your heart and family the way He does. I can't wait for our girls to play together. Know we are praying for you all. Love, The Mansfields
Wooo...Hooo!!! We are so excited and like proud expectant aunts and uncles, we can't wait for you to get back. I hope the cake on the cheeks and forehead are a Chinese tradition that we'll get to initiate at Cornerstone. But, does anybody really think Daniel and Ryan will allow any perfectly good food to rest quietly on their face without being eaten!?! We are praying for you guys! Love, Greg & Peggy
Wow! I don't even know what to say except that you must be extremely, overwhemingly excited. I know I am and I'm not the one going to pick up my daughter. I can't wait to meet her and see you guys as a family. Love ya, Kristi Givens
Kevin and Gretchen, I just wanted to wish you the best, and have a safe trip to China picking up your daughter! I am very proud of you guys for adopting and I be praying that everything goes well for you guys!
Praise be to God for His wonderful gift of a daughter! I am thrilled for you, and can't wait to meet Jenna. My prayers will be with you as you set out on this journey of parenthood.
So glad that you were able to get your blog up. I can't wait to follow you on your journey to bring your daughter home. I am so overwhelmed with excitement and anticipation for the three of you.
The following verse was precious to me while we were on our adoption journey. The context is not related to adoption but the application can certainly be made and it always touches my heart, especially the last part. “From one man He made every nation of men, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and He determined the times set for them and the exact places where they should live” (Acts 17:26).
Jacob, Chris and I are about to burst with joy and excitement for your family! We know God has gone before you--a long time ago to make this journey happen. Looking forward to trying to talk to you soon.
Hi! I loved the pictures...brings back great memories. Looks like you're having a great time. You're on my mind all the time. We keep saying...they're almost there!!! ...Love you lots and are praying for you!
What a joy to see these pics! You have been in our prayers and we are so excited to see with our own eyes how God has blessed you. We can't wait to meet Jenna....Sarah is asking for a play date even as I type this note. Thank you so much for letting us share in your joy. We will continue to pray for your family... Love, Kristy Dombrowski
What a thrill to see your little Jenna in YOUR arms!! We have been thinking of you and praying for you as you have been on this journey which began a long time ago. I know that now you are really ready to be in good old SENC, but you will be very soon!!
We will continue to pray for you and ask God's richest blessings on all three of you as you adjust to each other , complete the process and travel HOME.
I'm excited to be the first to comment on your blog....your journey to Jenna!! You are on your way and life will never be the same. I can't wait to follow along while you are in China. It is a miraculous thing when God places a child born on the other side of the world into your heart and family the way He does. I can't wait for our girls to play together. Know we are praying for you all. Love, The Mansfields
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteWooo...Hooo!!! We are so excited and like proud expectant aunts and uncles, we can't wait for you to get back. I hope the cake on the cheeks and forehead are a Chinese tradition that we'll get to initiate at Cornerstone. But, does anybody really think Daniel and Ryan will allow any perfectly good food to rest quietly on their face without being eaten!?! We are praying for you guys!
ReplyDeleteLove,
Greg & Peggy
Yeah!!! You got your blog up! I love the photos of Jenna! What a precious doll she is! (I love seeing our little Maylie in some of the photos too!)
ReplyDeleteJust think she will be with her daddy and mommy very very soon!!!
Blessings on your traveling. You are in our prayers. Can't wait to meet you!
P.S.
Your blog is sooooo cute!
Wow! I don't even know what to say except that you must be extremely, overwhemingly excited. I know I am and I'm not the one going to pick up my daughter. I can't wait to meet her and see you guys as a family. Love ya,
ReplyDeleteKristi Givens
This just made me cry with joy!
ReplyDeleteI am so excited to meet her!
Can't wait to wish you Happy Mother's and Father's Day this year! Love...CP
Kevin and Gretchen, I just wanted to wish you the best, and have a safe trip to China picking up your daughter! I am very proud of you guys for adopting and I be praying that everything goes well for you guys!
ReplyDeleteGod Bless you,
Brett
Praise be to God for His wonderful gift of a daughter! I am thrilled for you, and can't wait to meet Jenna. My prayers will be with you as you set out on this journey of parenthood.
ReplyDeleteMuch love,
Jennifer
Kevin and Gretchen,
ReplyDeleteSo glad that you were able to get your blog up. I can't wait to follow you on your journey to bring your daughter home. I am so overwhelmed with excitement and anticipation for the three of you.
The following verse was precious to me while we were on our adoption journey. The context is not related to adoption but the application can certainly be made and it always touches my heart, especially the last part. “From one man He made every nation of men, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and He determined the times set for them and the exact places where they should live” (Acts 17:26).
Ashley
Jacob, Chris and I are about to burst with joy and excitement for your family! We know God has gone before you--a long time ago to make this journey happen. Looking forward to trying to talk to you soon.
ReplyDeleteHi! I loved the pictures...brings back great memories. Looks like you're having a great time. You're on my mind all the time. We keep saying...they're almost there!!! ...Love you lots and are praying for you!
ReplyDeleteWhat a joy to see these pics! You have been in our prayers and we are so excited to see with our own eyes how God has blessed you. We can't wait to meet Jenna....Sarah is asking for a play date even as I type this note. Thank you so much for letting us share in your joy. We will continue to pray for your family...
ReplyDeleteLove,
Kristy Dombrowski
What a thrill to see your little Jenna in YOUR arms!! We have been thinking of you and praying for you as you have been on this journey which began a long time ago. I know that now you are really ready to be in good old SENC, but you will be very soon!!
ReplyDeleteWe will continue to pray for you and ask God's richest blessings on all three of you as you adjust to each other , complete the process and travel HOME.
She looks like a Tarheel to me!
Blessings
Herb McCarthy